Volunteer to Make a Difference!
Help us in our mission to bring the arts to underserved communitites of Monterey County.
It would be impossible to produce FNM and our outreach projects without the help of volunteers. Volunteer individually or as part of a group! Get involved right now as well as on December 31st!
Sign Up to Volunteer Now!
Students: Build up your community service hours; volunteer in a fun and creative environment! Expand your resumé with relevant experience; service learning hours may be available for certain projects. Call the office at (831) 373-4778, and we'll find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and skills.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR(S) FOR FNM 2018 EVENT ORIENTATION
All event volunteers are requested to attend ONE meeting. Three meetings will be scheduled:
- Saturday, December 9th at 3:00 PM 12/09/2017 03:00 PM 12/09/2017 5:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Vol Orientation Orientation for volunteers at First Night Monterey 542 Archer St, Monterey FIrst Night Monterey email@example.com false MM/DD/YYYY
- Sunday, December 17th at 3:00 PM 12/17/2017 03:00 PM 12/17/2017 5:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Vol Orientation Orientation for volunteers at First Night Monterey 542 Archer St, Monterey FIrst Night Monterey firstname.lastname@example.org false MM/DD/YYYY
- Wednesday, December 27th at 6:00 PM 12/27/2017 06:00 PM 12/27/2017 8:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Vol Orientation Orientation for volunteers at First Night Monterey 542 Archer St, Monterey FIrst Night Monterey email@example.com false MM/DD/YYYY
Please Note: Meetings are at the First Night Monterey Office and Art Studio
Archer Park Community Center, 542 Archer Street, between Hoffman and McClellan (5 blocks uphill from Lighthouse Avenue)
Directions to First Night Monterey Office
YEAR-ROUND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT FNM
Enjoy a casual atmosphere with flexible schedules; community service hours available!
- Office Assistance is always needed! From helping with phones to organization to working with computer programs
- Run Errands - Deliver and pick up items as needed, distribute posters & buttons
- Outreach - Assist children and adults with art outreach projects
- Visual Arts/Painting - help to create large scale art and murals for FNM
- Graphic Arts - use your skills to design signs, flyers and posters
- Social Media and Web - report/blog on current happenings using Twitter and Facebook! Design and make website updates
EVENT OPPORTUNITIES AT FIRST NIGHT
Assignments are made in 3-4 hour shifts according to your preferences - everyone gets a chance to enjoy performances. Free admission buttons for event volunteers, as well as a free meal!
- Event Operations - Be a Site Manager or Assistant at a venue, sell buttons and souvenirs at the event or work at our hospitality venue
- Tech & Production - work on event production behind the scenes; great experience for theatrical careers
- Photo and Video - with your own equipment, be a staff photographer or videographer; great experience for developing photographers
- Staging and Loading - help with event production, loading and moving equipment and art; art staging