Performing Artist Application FNM 2018
December 31, 2017 3PM – Midnight
Prefer to fill out the form by hand? Download Application
Performing Artists usually do three 30-minute performances or two 45-minute performances. This is to allow the greatest number of people to see your act. You may choose to present completely different sets, or repeat some or all of your material.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR ONLINE APPLICANTS
The online form on Google Docs does not contain all of the detail found on the print application; what you need to know is on this page. Please email the office when you have submitted an online application so we can verify receipt this first year of online applications.
- The application should be filled out as completely as possible
- It is best to have all your materials ready and fill out all at once.
- Attachments can not be uploaded at this time, so they should be emailed, mailed or delivered to the FNM office.
The Contact Person listed will be the liaison for purposes of negotiation, technical coordination, written correspondence and payment for the group. Please list only one name.
Please note that many of our sites are non-traditional and require the artists’ flexibility. Some venues do not have stages or have only limited stage area. While we will consider requests for a specific space, FIRST NIGHT will make all final determinations in assigning artists and cannot guarantee a particular venue’s availability.
Many of our performance spaces have limited sound and lighting capabilities and some can only accommodate acoustic performances.
Please check that you have filled out:
- The address of your website (We prefer to go to your website to preview your work – if you do not have one or it does not contain a representative sample, you must send a CD or DVD – see below).
- A less than 75-word description of your act, for use in our publicity materials
- Your Contact information - Use only one person for contact.
- Other online addresses for your work: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram
The following must be submitted by email, mailed or dropped off at the Archer Park office:
- A CD or DVD which best represents your work if not available online
- At least one photograph (black and white or color are both acceptable). Must be suitable for print publicity use. Please include a photo credit if appropriate. High quality, digital images are preferred (1200 x 1600 minimum); no photocopied or computer printed photos, please.
- Press reviews, if available
- A list of any upcoming performance dates in July and August, which would help us to review your live performance. A representative of First Night Monterey will attend one of your shows if possible.
- Stage plot diagram indicating your approximate set-up. Indicate where each instrument and player is located on stage as well as the monitors, tables, chairs and other equipment. This will help us stage the event and schedule bands that have similar set-up needs.
If your application is accepted, First Night Monterey will create a link from our website to yours - we would appreciate it if you would link to ours: www.firstnightmonterey.org. Also, please “like” our page on Facebook and follow us @firstnighter on Twitter. We will do the same for you!
- No application (online or via mail) will be considered if a demo and/or a website/social media link with music, videos, etc. is NOT included.
- All promotional materials become the property of First Night Monterey and will not be returned.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN FIRST NIGHT MONTEREY! We will send out confirmations for FNM 2018, beginning November 1, 2017.MAILING: P.O. Box 185, Monterey CA 93942 DROP OFF: Archer Park Community Building, 542 Archer Street, Monterey QUESTIONS?